My World...live, laugh and love

Monday, September 18, 2006

My quotes

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)

"My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates (470-399 B.C.)

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

"The truth is more important than the facts." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"Love is friendship set on fire." - Jeremy Taylor

"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity." - Irving Kristol

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?" "- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready." - Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

" The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before." - Mae West (1892-1980)

"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." - Aristotle Onassis (1906-1975)

"Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech." - Martin Fraquhar Tupper

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

"When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - Buckminster Fuller (1895-1983)

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance" - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

"A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship." - John D. Rockefeller (1874-1960)

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

"How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself." - Anais Nin (1903-1977)

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato (427-347 B.C.)

"Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed." - George Burns (1896-1996)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home